Optional School Information
How to Apply to the T-STEM Academy
Applicants to the program must:
- Score at or above the 50th percentile on the Total Reading/Reading Composite and Total Mathematics/Mathematics Composite of NWEA MAP, TCAP End of Course test or another nationally normed assessment including the ACT, PSAT, or SAT (Reading/Critical Reading and Mathematics). Acceptable tests must be dated Spring 2016 or later.
- Submit a copy of the most recent comprehensive report card showing a 3.0 GPA with no grade below a C for the semester.
- Have satisfactory attendance with no more than 15 absences and/or tardies to school or to class.
- Have satisfactory or above conduct grades.
- Students and parents are required to sign a Parent/Student Agreement stating that they understand the expectations of the program and are committed to maintaining them. Once it is determined that the student meets the minimum requirements, an interview will be scheduled. In conjunction with the interview, students may be asked to complete a writing sample.
- Students are required to participate in an after-school credit-bearing class each day.
- Participation in the additional Virtual School STEM program is encouraged.
- Preference will be given to qualified students who live within two miles of the school for 50 percent of the available slots for the first 10 working days of the Optional Application process. The remaining slots will be open to students who qualify.
- To remain in the Optional Program, students must maintain a semester average of C or above in each subject, participate in extended day activities, and meet the entrance requirements for conduct and attendance.
- Transportation is the responsibility of the student’s parents/legal guardians.